I’ve come to sure realization based on accidental experimentation. If I don’t do my council recap video as soon as I get home from a council meeting, it ain’t getting done. I apologize for not getting the last two videos out, but as I will not be able to record tomorrow’s video as soon as I get home, I preface this to say it may not get done, but I will diligently try to record it the following day.
You can sign up online to speak at council meetings in person or via Zoom online at this link up to 15 minutes before the scheduled meeting, which is typically at the 7:00 Regular Meeting. You may alternatively share your thoughts by emailing the council members any time at our email addresses here, or by 4:00 PM the day of the meeting at email@example.com. The council meeting will be livestreamed on PlanoTV.org and on the City of Plano Facebook page.
Executive Session (starts at 5:00 PM)
(Review agenda here)
- Legal Advice on existing State laws regulating the display and distribution of obscene or offensive materials and performances; child protection laws; legal issues related to sexually oriented businesses/conduct and First Amendment and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
- Litigation: Lovepreet Singh, Paul Mann, Mann Investments LP, and Dale Buchanan vs. City of Plano and Al Dawan Properties
- Economic Development: Discuss a financial offer or other incentive to a business prospect to locate, stay, or expand in Plano
Preliminary Open Meeting
(Whenever Executive Session, which starts at 5:00 PM, ends)
(Review agenda here)
Regular Meeting (starts at 7:00 PM)
Notable Consent Agenda items are at the bottom of this post.
(Review agenda here)
- Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week is November 12 – 20, 2022
- The Salvation Army Christmas Campaign is being recognized for its annual Red Kettle and Angel Trees that provide help to countless citizens
- City of Plano Planning Department received a Gold Level Award from the Texas Chapter of the American Planning Association for the Haggard Park Heritage District Design Standards
- City of Plano Planning Department received a Planning Excellence Award from the Texas Chapter of the American Planning Association
- Oaths of Office: Parks and Recreation Planning Board – Patricia Johnson and Gregg Miller
- Certificates of Appreciation
- Animal Shelter Advisory Committee: Cindy Gordon
- Board of Adjustment: Pat Morgan, Jim Norton, and John Peskuski
- Building Standards Commission: Dylan Rafaty
- Cultural Arts Commission: Rebecca Anderson and Christene Downs
- DART Board of Directors: Glenn Callison
- Parks and Recreation Planning Board: Gail Marks, Rebecca Mattern, and Cynthia Rushin
- Planning & Zoning Commission: Arthur Stone
- Plano Housing Authority: Jeanine Boehl and Frederick Bemenderfer
- Retirement Security Plan Committee: Myra Conklin
- Senior Advisory Board: Tom David, Mona Kafeel, and Lana Mangold
- Tax Increment Financing Reinvestment Zone No. 4 Board: Bill Huang and Angela Richard
Comments of Public Interest: every meeting, anyone can speak about anything for up to three minutes, with 30 total minutes allotted for this segment.
Items for Individual Consideration
- Item (1): adopt registration program and procedures for Short-Term Rentals
Notable Consent Agenda Items
Total of $14,501,097 of your money in proposed expenses
- Item (b): $2,570,895 for creek stabilization and erosion protection measures along Spring Creek (the creek, not the Parkway) at 16th Street
- Item (c): $3,127,727 for water line rehabilitation along Frontier Lane, Sparrows Point Drive, Sparrows Point Court, Webster Drive, Keenan Circle, Redondo Circle, Raywood Circle and Pebble Vale Drive
- Item (d): $4,207,481 for paving and water line improvements along Pleasant Valley Drive and Villa Downs Drive
- Item (f): $1,471,880 for 31 Chevrolet Tahoe Police Pursuit Vehicles (PPV). I’ve ridden in one (the front, not the back), and they’re good police vehicles
- Item (g): $438,589 for furniture for the Harrington Library Expansion and Remodel
- Item (j): $1,293,820 for architectural services for the Tom Muehlenbeck Recreation Center Renovation
- Item (m): $974,465 for an Economic Development Incentive for SK Signet Manufacturing Texas, an EV charging station manufacturer
- Item (n): To ratify the City of Plano Charity Care Policy for Ambulance Services for Fire-Rescue Department to discontinue collection of ambulance service fees for eligible patients
Review City Council agendas and minutes here.