For most of you, especially minorities, I’ll bet the Republican Party represents your values better than the Democrat Party. If not, it’s likely because what you know of the Republican Party is what you’ve been told by Democrats. Read on to see what they really are.
You’re told all sorts of horrible things about Republicans (particularly about President Trump)–but by whom? By Democrats and the media (but I repeat myself) who have a vested interest in making you believe Republicans are the Devil. So whom do you believe? Don’t take their word or mine. Below are the actual published principles of the Republican Party, at both the Texas and the national levels, created and approved by thousands of Republican delegates–not by talking heads, spokespersons, or Democrat propagandists. You will find no better representation of what Republicans truly stand for. So cut through the rhetoric and demagoguery and just ask yourself honestly:
How well do these principles truly represent your values? Then go vote. Voting information and my personal recommendations are here.
We, the 2020 Republican Party of Texas, believe in this platform and expect our elected leaders to uphold these truths through acknowledgment and action. We believe in:
- “The laws of nature and nature’s God,” and we support the strict adherence to the original language and intent of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitutions of the United States and of Texas.
- The sanctity of innocent human life, created in the image of God, which should be equally protected from fertilization to natural death.
- Preserving American and Texas sovereignty and freedom.
- Limiting government power to those items enumerated in the United States and Texas Constitutions.
- Personal accountability and responsibility.
- Self-sufficient families, founded on the traditional marriage of a natural man and a natural woman.
- Having an educated population, with parents having the freedom of choice for the education of their children.
- The inalienable right of all people to defend themselves and their property.
- A free enterprise society unencumbered by government interference or subsidies.
- Honoring all of those that serve and protect our freedom.
We believe in American exceptionalism.
- We believe the United States of America is unlike any other nation on earth.
- We believe America is exceptional because of our historic role–first as refuge, then as defender, and now as exemplar of liberty for the world to see.
- We affirm–as did the Declaration of Independence: that all are created equal, endowed by their Creator with inalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
- We believe in the Constitution as our founding document.
- We believe the Constitution was written not as a flexible document, but as our enduring covenant.
- We believe our constitutional system–limited government, separation of powers, federalism, and the rights of the people–must be preserved uncompromised for future generations.
- We believe political freedom and economic freedom are indivisible.
- When political freedom and economic freedom are separated–both are in peril; when united, they are invincible.
- We believe that people are the ultimate resource–and that the people, not the government, are the best stewards of our country’s God-given natural resources.
- As Americans and as Republicans we wish for peace–so we insist on strength. We will make America safe. We seek friendship with all peoples and nations, but we recognize and are prepared to deal with evil in the world.