This week’s council meeting is on Tuesday, not Monday. It was done this way so that we could have the full Plano ISD Spring Break, which was scheduled through Monday, but we had a snow day, and the kids are going back on Monday anyway, but we’re still having the council meeting on Tuesday. Go figure.
You can sign up online to speak at council meetings in person or via Zoom online at this link up to 15 minutes before the scheduled meeting, which is typically at the 7:00 Regular Meeting. You may alternatively share your thoughts by emailing email@example.com by 4:00 PM the day of the meeting or emailing the council members any time at our email addresses here. The council meeting will be livestreamed on PlanoTV.org and on the City of Plano Facebook page.
Executive Session (starts at 5:00 PM)
- Legal advice on agenda items
Preliminary Open Meeting
(Whenever Executive Session, which starts at 5:00 PM, ends)
(Review agenda here)
- Comprehensive Monthly Financial Report – December 2021
- Departmental Report -Technology Services
- Departmental Report – Animal Services
- Departmental Report – Planning
- Discussion: American Rescue Plan/Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Funds
Regular Meeting (starts at 7:00 PM)
Notable Consent Agenda items are at the bottom of this post.
(Review agenda here)
Comments of Public Interest: every meeting, anyone can speak about anything for up to three minutes, with 30 total minutes allotted for this segment.
Items for Individual Consideration
- Item (1): to grant a Specific Use Permit (SUP) for an Arcade off of Coit and George Bush.
- Item (2): to rescind the SUP for an Arcade at the northeast corner of Central Parkway and Haggard street (like nailing down an air bubble, isn’t it?) and instead issue an SUP for Continuing Care Facility (no Independent Living allowed).
- Item (3): $13,797,878 to expand Shiloh Road with the construction of the two eastern lanes to complete a four-lane divided thoroughfare from 14th St. to Park Blvd. The construction also includes installation of a bridge, bike lanes, storm sewer, water main, traffic signal, illumination and streambank stabilization/floodplain mitigation.
- Item (4): $169,665 for construction materials testing for the aforementioned Shiloh Road expansion.
Notable Consent Agenda Items
Total of $11,909,083 of your money in proposed expenses (plus an additional $13,967,543 in items for Individual Consideration)
- Item (b): $1,691,826 to repair 19,000 square yards of street and alley pavement, 12,000 square feet of sidewalk, and 51 barrier free ramps.
- Item (c): $5,070,500 to repair 42,400 square yards of residential concrete street and alley pavement, 96,000 square feet of sidewalk pavement, and 217 barrier free ramps.
- Item (g): $3,765,947 for 42 months computer equipment lease from Dell.
- Item (j): $747,000 for design and construction of 36-inch sanitary sewer lines.
- Item (o): renewal of agreement with the North Texas Municipal Water District (NTMWD) for reclaimed water from the Rowlett Creek Regional Waste Water Treatment Plant.
Review City Council agendas and minutes here.