Of particular interest after this morning’s Dallas Morning News article on DART is a consent agenda item to approve a revised ILA (Inter-Local Agreement) with DART after DART rejected our language which was approved last meeting.
You can sign up online to speak at council meetings in person or via Zoom online at this link up to 15 minutes before the scheduled meeting, which is typically at the 7:00 Regular Meeting. You may alternatively share your thoughts by emailing the council members any time at our email addresses here, or by 4:00 PM the day of the meeting at email@example.com. The council meeting will be live-streamed on PlanoTV.org and on the City of Plano Facebook page.
Executive Session (starts at 5:00 PM)
(Review agenda here)
- Legal advice on Change Order for Contract No. 2021-0253-B between the City of Plano and Ragle, Inc., Project No. 6804.1
- Economic Development consideration of a financial offer or other incentive to a business prospect to locate, stay, or expand in Plano
Preliminary Open Meeting
(Whenever Executive Session, which starts at 5:00 PM, ends)
(Review agenda here; supplement to agenda here)
- Presentation and possible direction regarding the City of Plano Legislative Program (the city’s position on potential matters before the state and federal governments)
- Departmental Update – Communications & Community Engagement
- Winter Storm Update
Regular Meeting (starts at 7:00 PM)
Notable Consent Agenda items are at the bottom of this post.
(Review agenda here)
- Presentation: The Salvation Army of North Texas is presenting the results of the 2022 Mayors Red Kettle Challenge
- Proclamation: Collin County Master Gardener’s Association is celebrating Ask a Gardener Month in March
Comments of Public Interest: at every meeting, anyone can speak about anything for up to three minutes, with 30 total minutes allotted for this segment.
Items for Individual Consideration
- Item (1): to accept and approve a Service and Assessment Plan and Assessment Roll for the Downtown Plano Public Improvement District
- Item (2): Update various zoning ordinances to conform to the new Comprehensive Plan (tabled at the last meeting)
- Item (3): To improve alignment of the Residential Community Design and Neighborhood Business Design districts with the comprehensive plan (also tabled at the last meeting)
Notable Consent Agenda Items
Total of $8,028,777 of your money in proposed expenses
- Item (c): $4,432,023 for 10th Street Paving and Water Line Reconstruction – N Avenue to Jupiter Road
- Item (d): $2,258,330 for five Braun Chief XL F-550 Ambulances
- Item (e): $313,778 for Rubrik M365 for five years for Technology Solutions to provide data backup, recovery services, and support of Microsoft Office Online data. This will help strengthen the city’s cybersecurity
- Item (i): to authorize the City Manager to execute an Interlocal Agreement with the Dallas Area Rapid Transit allowing Plano participation in funding for Public Transportation Improvements. The ILA we approved last meeting was rejected by DART; this is new language that gives DART “sole discretion, determines what constitutes “best efforts”” in a requirement that the city “employ its best efforts to assist DART in achieving its goals”
- Item (j): to provide certain Heritage Resources with property tax relief as allowed by the Heritage Tax Exemption Ordinance to provide for reinvestment into maintenance and long-term preservation of historic structures
Review City Council agendas and minutes here.